Air Conditioners for the Queensland Climate
We are happy to offer our expert advice for free and recommend a solution that will suit your home and keep your family comfortable in Queensland’s hot, humid climate.
Choosing the Right System
As a general guide, residential air conditioners are less complicated than commercial ones as the power output or the wattage of any domestic aircon system is fairly standard when it comes to residential homes.
When choosing a system there are a few key points to consider such as the ceiling height, existing window sizes, whether there is insulation in the walls or not, and what levels of exposure the room has to sunlight.
We’ve put together a comprehensive guide on how to choose the best air conditioner which explains some of the key things to look out for and to help ensure you have the best installation experience possible.
Domestic Air Conditioning
Most people think about the size of the air conditioner they need, but it’s also important to know what features you may need to consider. Here are the main ones to think about:
- Reverse Cycle Systems: This is the name for any system that has the capability to both heat and cool
- Inverters: Inverter systems regulate a steady flow of air, which is proven to be more energy-efficient.
- Smart Systems: These systems connect via WIFI giving you the ability to manage and control your system from a mobile device from any location that has an internet connection. A handy feature.
Home Air Conditioning Solutions
1. Split Systems
One of the most popular types of system is the Split system air conditioner which is made up of two components. One is the grill or head that you see inside your room and the other one is the motor mounted on the outside. These are extremely popular and effective for the following reasons:
- They can cool and heat both small and large rooms and are perfect for small houses, apartments, and townhouses
- There are some models which come with a 7 star
- You can have motion sensors which detect and adjust the temperature depending on if you’re in the room or not which helps to save on energy costs
- If you are one of the many Australians who suffer from allergies or asthma we can recommend you one of the only split systems approved by the National Asthma Council Australia’s Sensitive Choice® program for the premium healthier air experience
- Ideal when you need to control the temperature, ventilation and humidity levels for the perfect inside conditions
- Ability to add air purifying filters which ensure only clean air is dispersed throughout the room
- The convenience of internet connection and smart control from your phone or device – imagine setting the temperature from your mobile so it’s perfect when you get home
To find out which suits your space the best, call the Technicool team
Have you ever experienced a situation when someone in your home wants their room to be cold and the other wants it to be warmer? Children are a good example as no two feel the heat or cold the same and are likely to want different temperatures set at the same time.
The Multi-Split air conditioner is the solution between ducted and your typical split system because you can have just the one main compressor or outside unit running the temperature for multiple rooms air-con units all at once. So in simple terms, you still have the normal inside unit for each room connected to one main outside unit giving you independent temperature control without the bulkiness of multiple outside units all over your home.
The advantages are:
- You have all the options and benefits mentioned above for split systems
- Only 1 main outside compressor!
- Can Heat and cool up to approximately 5 rooms
- Perfect for homes with limited space to install ducted air con
- If the budget doesn’t allow it, it is a more affordable option that ducted
- You can easily set a different climate for every person in the house with individual room temperature controls
- You can customise the look and style by having different indoor units in each room to suit the house design
Find out more about a Multi-Split air conditioning for your home today.
The ultimate in energy efficiency for a large or mid-sized home and business. When you consider the South East QLD climate, ducted aircon is the perfect heating and cooling system due to its outstanding features and effectiveness.
We are often asked, what the ideal sized house is before you should start thinking about ducted and although there are many variables, houses with 3 or more bedrooms should be a good place to start considering the option.
It works by transporting air from a hidden central compressor via insulated ducting in your ceiling throughout every room in your home.
Ducted AC allows for complete climate control inside every room of your property either room by room or bundled into easily managed zones.
Some of the benefits would include:
- Set the perfect climate for each room or zone
- Can evenly distribute the cool or warm air throughout the entire property for full temperature control
- Less energy is used when heating or cooling the whole house making it far more efficient than multiple split systems
- Can be installed easily in both new and old homes
- It’s one of the quietest options on the market if noise is a consideration for you
- Will add value to your home as it is a sort after feature
- Only the modern control panel and slimline vents are visible inside your home so it is significantly more visually discrete than any other option
- Long-lasting quality. A well-serviced system can maintain its quality well beyond 15 years or more
Residential Air Con Technology Is Changing
Why Choose Us?
Technicool has been helping families with Brisbane residential air conditioning solutions for more than 10 years. When you choose us as your preferred provider, we extend our satisfaction guarantee which means you will always receive:
Find the right option for your space – Call 07 3376 2644
Our outstanding reputation has been built by the entire team through their unwavering attention to the detail and our core values of ensuring you the customer and your needs always come first.